Instructions for Session Chairs
- The Invited Speakers will most likely be seated in the first row of the hall and will make their way to the lectern on stage when it is their time to present.
- A technician will also be present in the hall at the AV table to assist with all technological features taking place during the session. Notify them immediately of any equipment problems.
Start of the Session
- Welcome the audience in the hall and those joining online
- Introduce yourself and your co-chair by name and affiliation
- If your session has Q&A: Before the presentations begin
- Explain that they find the session in the program on the App, then click on the ‘Interactive features’’ button. They type their question, and click the green arrow to submit
- Let the online audience know that questions can also be submitted via the Q&A panel
- Explain to onsite attendees they have the option to approach the microphone to ask their questions
During the Session
- Introduce the speakers and presentation titles as indicated in the Conference App (note there could be last minute changes)
- Please follow the schedule closely and gently interrupt speakers if they exceed the allocated time for their lecture
- If a speaker fails to attend the session, move to the next speaker
- If the session ends early, please solicit questions from the audience and lead a discussion
To End the Session
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters, the onsite and online audiences for their participation.